- Canoe or kayak Sylvan Slough (3 miles)
- Mountain bike on Sylvan Island (8 miles)
- Run through downtown Moline and off-road hill climb (1.75 miles)
- Compete individually or as a team
- 2-PERSON TEAM: Consists of 2 members who complete all legs of race - Finish time is the average of both times
- 3-PERSON TEAM [Relay]: Kayak-Bike-Run
- Corporate Adventure Challenge: 3-person teams compete to be the best corporate team in the QC's
- Race Start - Saturday September 14, 2013 at 8 a.m. - The Two Rivers YMCA Boathouse 17th St. at the Mississippi River, Moline, IL
- There are a limited number of boats available for rent; Call Princeton Outdoor Adventures at 563-289-5445
RACE COURSE FOR 2013
*Paddle route - Racers will start paddling upstream, around Montgomery Island [under the I-74 bridge], and back down into Sylvan Slough for a similar route to previous years. CLICK HERE for a detailed map of the 2012 MTB course.
View Taming of the Slough in a larger map
- Free beer garden [for racers] with beer from Bent River Brewing Co.
- Free pizza [for racers]
- Spectators are invited to join the party: $5 wristbands available for non-racers who want beer and pizza [21+: all you care to drink and eat]
- Hang out with a cold one, have a slice, and cheer on all the racers.
TUNE UP FOR TAMING
Get prepared for this year's race with Tune Up for Taming sessions on the Moline riverfront: August 22 & 29 and September 5 from 5:30-7 p.m.
- Open to racers and the general public
- Registered racers can reserve a free boat ahead of time [563-322-2969] - otherwise it's first-come-first-served
- Find out more
Full Race Day Info Page
Packet Pickup is Fri, Sep 13 from 5-7 At Bent River Brewing Co in Moline [1413 5th Ave]
MTB Etiquette - Tips for those unfamiliar with competitive off-road biking
Life jackets are required for the paddle - Helmets are required for the bike
Water Stations - there will be 2 water stations on the course [Transition area & at top of hill climb] - Be sure to bring your water bottle to fill up for the boat and bike sections
You must provide your own equipment: mountain bike, helmet, PFD, canoe or kayak - There are a limited number of kayaks, tandem kayaks, and canoes available for rent; Call Princeton Outdoor Adventures [563-289-5445] to rent a boat
Thanks to our sponsors [click logos for more info]:
Taming Pics - Album 1, Album 2, & Album 3 by Joshua R Wilhelm
Taming Pics by Jordan Hanson
Contact photographers if you're interested in buying copies of any photos.
For complete 2010 race results, CLICK HERE.
Congratulations to our 2010 winners