Join River Action for our annual Adventure Triathlon! Paddle, mountain bike and run your way to the top. Race individually or as a team, and celebrate at the finish at the post-race party with pizza and Beer.
CLICK HERE to volunteer to help with Taming of the Slough.
CLICK HERE to register for Taming 2014!
CLICK HERE for complete race results from Taming of the Slough 2013. Thanks to all who participated and everyone who volunteered to make Taming a success.
Click on image to view larger map
2014 Brochures will be available soon!
Click on the image below to download a larger map (PDF) with the race course details.
- All Transitions take place at Empire Park in East Moline.
- The Boat (Kayak or Canoe) is a 3.8-mile paddle around Campbell's Island.
- The Bike is a short ride to Illiniwek Forest Preserve for a challenging mountain bike course returning to Empire Park (3.8 miles paved, 4.5 miles off-road, 400 ft. of elevation changes).
- The Run is a 2-mile paved and off-road run finishing at Empire Park.
- Compete individually or as a team
- 2-PERSON TEAM: Consists of 2 members who complete all legs of race - Finish time is the average of both times
- 3-PERSON TEAM [Relay]: Kayak-Bike-Run
- Corporate Adventure Challenge: 3-person teams compete to be the best corporate team in the QC's
- Race Start - Saturday September 13, 2014 at 8 a.m. - Empire Park, East Moline, IL
- There are a limited number of boats available for rent; Call Princeton Outdoor Adventures at 563-289-5445
TUNE UP FOR TAMING
Get prepared for this year's race with Tune Up for Taming sessions at Empire Park: Thursday nights leading up to the race 5:30-7 p.m.
- Open to racers and the general public
- Registered racers can reserve a free boat ahead of time [563-322-2969] - otherwise it's first-come-first-served
- Find out more
Thanks to our sponsors