River Action is seeking dedicated and effective young leaders to join our Student Advisory Board.
Please review the information below and if you are interested, CLICK to download the application. Complete the application form and mail to us at P.O. Box 964, Davenport, IA 52805.
Or, CLICK HERE to complete the form online.
River Action's mission is: To foster the environmental, economic, and cultural vitality of the Mississippi River and its waterfront in the Quad City Region.
Requirements of the Student Advisory Board:
- Serve a term on the board for approximately one year. A member can serve for a maximum of two consecutive terms.
- Participation on the board requires a commitment to attend the majority of the meetings throughout the year.
- Be of high school or college standing and remain in the Quad City area throughout the summer.
Participation in the Board includes the following:
- Work to promote the understanding and awareness of the Mississippi River and its waterfront among youth.
- Encourage participation in River Action by young people.
- Provide advice to River Action on issues affecting young people now and in the future.
- Promote communication between the youth and adults within the community.
Benefits of joining:
- Learn valuable leadership skills to use in your future.
- See how a not-for-profit organization operates.
- Have a positive impact on the community and the river.